We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I've just got a new issue of my zine, Attack!!!!, ready for posting - details later tonight, contain your excitement for a few hours! - and every time I get a new issue ready to go I always find myself thinking "wow, wouldn't it be handy to have an up-to-date list of people who review or cover zines to send copies off to"... so let's start one.

I'll do my best to edit this top post to keep it up to date, but I know even if I'm typing that I am most likely dooming myself to failure by saying that, but... I promise to at least try. For a bit.

Okay so first off here are some places I already intend to send mine to:

UK-based review-zines

Fanzine Fanatique
Keith and Rosemary Walker
6 Vine Street
Lancaster
LA1 4UF
UK

US-based review-zines

Zine World
*read their guidelines first*:
http://www.undergroundpress.org/send-us-your-zine/
PO Box 330156
Murfreesboro
TN 37133-0156
USA

Canada-based review-zines

Broken Pencil
*read their guidelines*:
http://www.brokenpencil.com/about/submit.php
PO Box 203
Station P
Toronto
Ontario
M5S 2S7
CANADA

... er... that's everything I can remember off the top of my head, I've got more contacts at home so I'll try and post them up here later when I come back and tell you all about Attack!!!! 10!

Also distro's who want samples could go on this list - let us know if you are one and want to be on here. Oh and zine libraries!

Obviously all us tossers should always send crap to "suck til i sag" zine as outlined in another thread.

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since I started my zine I've kept an up to date list of zines, labels and PR and made it available for free on my website, in reality it lives on Google Docs and you can see it HERE

Yeah, send more stuff to Suck Till I Sag :)

I've not heard of Fanzine Fanatique so cheers for that!

When I first started Beat Motel I send out around 250 review copies, in fact I did that up until very recently. Maximum Rock and Roll has some great zine reviews that addresses can be harvested off too!
That's really cool Andrew - blimey what a list!

Am I right in thinking your list covers all zines and not only zines that review other zines... cos if not I'm thinking it could be easier to direct readers of this thread there and just try to help you out rather than copy all your hard work into here!? But I specially want this thread to be "places to send yours to" rather than featuring all types of zines.

The idea of sending 250 review copies out makes me feel really really smallfry, I don't even make 250 copies of an issue altogether yet : \
I only print 400!

You are totally right that not all of those zines review other zines, I ought to start a new sheet on that spreadsheet!
Zine World keeps a regularly updated list of zine review zines and websites. We also have a very thorough list of zine libraries & infoshops.
Jerianne said:
Zine World keeps a regularly updated list of zine review zines and websites. We also have a very thorough list of zine libraries & infoshops.

That looks like the list I've been looking for all my life.
You can send your zine to me! I am an Australian distro. I'll accept any zine for reading and will even let you know what I think.
Bird in the Hand said:
You can send your zine to me! I am an Australian distro. I'll accept any zine for reading and will even let you know what I think.

Can we have your address please :)
Big Whoop! is down to review zines, but zinesters beware, most of us don't like perzines.

Big Whoop!
1182 Morning Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87507
USA
Big Whoop! said:
Big Whoop! is down to review zines, but zinesters beware, most of us don't like perzines.

Big Whoop!
1182 Morning Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87507
USA

Oooh I do love a nice bad review! A copy of Beat Motel is on it's way to you!
Hi, I'm new here but what's a perzine?
"Personal zine" - zine by one person focussing on personal thoughts and opinions - especially when it concerns personally experienced memories/observations.
I won't post the address on here as I may be moving in the future. Anyone who contacts me I will share my address with.

Andrew Culture said:
Bird in the Hand said:

Can we have your address please :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service