We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I've had some corking bad reviews over the years, although this one is probably my favourite so far (attached). I unwittingly sent a copy of my zine to a BNP supporter (right wing racist idiots) that does a zine here in the UK, the main theme of this issue of my zine was picking apart racisim and the BNP. I've added this 'review' to the reviews page on my website!

My favourite positive review was in the German zine OX, it's literally translation was, "Beat Motel contains various stories of accidential trouser shitting".

So what's your favourite review?

Views: 22

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you see recently the BNP got in trouble for booking venues as "English Heritage" because few places wanted to hire out to them, and then the venue owners were pretty angry when it turned out not to be the history preservation people.
And he didn't even have the imagination to put a brick in it.

My reviews have always been quite vanilla, but I was in a band described as 'unlistenable noise' which makes up for it.
A couple of my favourite reviews for my band were.

"To eclectic to pigeon hole, or enjoy"
(we put that one on the top of our website

I can't remember the exact wording of the other one, but it was something that made it look the reviewer would wish upon us a genital discourtesy should he ever meet up in the street!
His imaginative language is quite a feat in itself!
Sounds like an encouragement to up the ante to me! Did he have anything to say other than his imaginative scrawls?

¡No Pasaran!
Nah, I've been trying to think what free samples I could send him though :)
Andrew Culture said:

Yeah, do you have an address?
Scratch That Itch said:
Andrew Culture said:

Oh I couldn't possibly say, but Google might have some answers to where his zine SUCK TILL I SAG resides!
Andrew Culture said:
Scratch That Itch said:
Andrew Culture said:

Oh I couldn't possibly say, but Google might have some answers to where his zine SUCK TILL I SAG resides!

Not to mention looking closely at that PDF of yours.
Just to put some closure on this, today the BNP (uk nazis) accidently got their members list published online, and yup, this guy was on the list as a fully paid up member!
literally been having a field day with that list, so so good.

i've hardly ever seen any reviews of my zines, the only one i can remember is when Last Hours said i was one of the most prolific zinesters in the UK as right after i didnt do another zine for about a year. kiss of death
Nice!

Remind me what zine you do?

Pete Willis said:
literally been having a field day with that list, so so good.

i've hardly ever seen any reviews of my zines, the only one i can remember is when Last Hours said i was one of the most prolific zinesters in the UK as right after i didnt do another zine for about a year. kiss of death

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service