We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

So I made a goal of reading 200 zines this year! That's only 17 a month. Anyone else down? C'mon let's do it, that way we can feel justified in calling each other names in all the other forums!

Here's what I've read so far:

1. Seven Inches To Freedom #7
2. On Support//Ditching The Boys' Club
3. The Dream Of My Adolescence by Renzo Novatore
4. Shiny Things On the Ground
5. Vex Digest #11
6. Razorcake #59
7. Abbot and Costello Meet Dormarth's House of Horror Review: Evil 13th Issue
8. Psionic Plastic joy #16
9. Think About It...A Zine On Verbal Consent and Addressing Sexual Assault
10. Cutlass #5
11. To Destroy Sexuality
12. Razorcake #60
13. Against The Logic Of Submission by Wolfi Landstreicher
14. Apes Of the Sea:ReActions #2 by Keith Rosson
15. Stinkin' Never Thinkin' by Alicia Dyche
16. Abracadabra Zine #0
17. Gullible #15/Nothing Is Cool #4/Square Suckers #9/To Smear Your Face With American Dirt split

So far, I chose to include pamphlets that were independently (re)-printed. But chose not to include something I received from Microcosm to review because I draw the line at isbn numbers, that makes it a book. Ya gotta stop somewhere. That's just me.

I was thinking about making haiku reviews for each one, too! Maybe I'll get on top of that if this post gets read at all.

Anyway, get on board and post yours here, too! Commentary and discussion of stuff read is also encouraged!

 

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's a travelling zine box group, but the person who created it hasn't been on for a while.

Craven Rock said:
I'm outta copies of mine at the moment. But I can send you one of those at some point. When I get back, however, I'll send you a grab bag of stuff that was sent to me. Come to think of it, there should be some kind of way for folks to trade batches zines they don't want. I wonder if anyone is doing this.

Dominique Ford said:
Ok! I'm just beginning and only have 1 zine finished, but i'm working on 3 different series at the same time.  I gotta figure out an address to have people send stuff too cause i'm not sure if my dad will let me use this one. but once i get one i'll send it to you and you can send yours!

3.) When the Crash Meets Something Solid #002

4.) When the Crash Meets Something Solid #003

5.) When the Crash Meets Something Solid #004

6.) When the Crash Meets Something Solid #005

 

Really, really awesome and polished writing. I'm going to review them, along with any others I get this week, on my blog this weekend.

This is such a fun idea, I'm in. In fact, yesterday I made a pile of zines I've read so far this year.

 

Do re-reads count? I have zines in my collection that I read years ago and don't remember much at all, and I'd love to re-read them!

hey hey, i want in with this trading too! :D you gonna make a mailing list? 

 

and craven rock - i'm in! though so behind already on january/february, i've read maybe six...march is gonna be a busy busy reading month. are we just gonna make our lists on this thread? 

Dominique Ford said:

Ok! I'm just beginning and only have 1 zine finished, but i'm working on 3 different series at the same time.  I gotta figure out an address to have people send stuff too cause i'm not sure if my dad will let me use this one. but once i get one i'll send it to you and you can send yours!
Re-reads definitely count. Hopefully, I'll get through the backed-up bunch of stuff that I haven't read and I can move on to getting to some of my classics.

Rory Grimes said:

This is such a fun idea, I'm in. In fact, yesterday I made a pile of zines I've read so far this year.

 

Do re-reads count? I have zines in my collection that I read years ago and don't remember much at all, and I'd love to re-read them!

I think I'm going to post my progress every month. I'm actually falling behind a bit. But yeah, I think putting a up list or saying something about what you're reading would be fun.

A.S. Miller said:

hey hey, i want in with this trading too! :D you gonna make a mailing list? 

 

and craven rock - i'm in! though so behind already on january/february, i've read maybe six...march is gonna be a busy busy reading month. are we just gonna make our lists on this thread? 

Dominique Ford said:

Ok! I'm just beginning and only have 1 zine finished, but i'm working on 3 different series at the same time.  I gotta figure out an address to have people send stuff too cause i'm not sure if my dad will let me use this one. but once i get one i'll send it to you and you can send yours!

Here's my list so far

1. Crazed Mazes #1

2. Manduh Land WTFIDK

3. Manduh Land Boobs

4. Manduh Land Religion & Food

5. Manduh Land Sexual Assualt

6. Say Whaa?! #1

 

 

CravenRock...are we still up for a trade???

Argh! Sure I just need to make some copies still. Sorry.

Here's what I've read in February/March. Looks like I've fallen a bit behind due to my transient state!

 

18. Abort #21:Bedtime Stories

I generally don't like this zine but it was pretty decent  this time. Horror stories.

19. Six Letters Addressed To You #1

Heartrending honesty and expression. On issue #1 no less. Fuck you, rookie! Find this and read it!

20. My Memories Are Poorly Taxidermied Animals, Rotting and Frozen In Stupid Poses

Poetry, but good.

21. Punk Planet #41

In retrospect, this was a great zine. Awesome journalism. Great columns from of some of the best zine writers at the time. I stopped buying it after a while for no reason that I can recall.

Its ok, no problem! just message me when your ready to swap, k?

Craven Rock said:
Argh! Sure I just need to make some copies still. Sorry.

I'm running off coffee fumes right now, so I'll forego proper reviews and notes at the moment...just say that I read many great zines this month. Ssssccooreee.

 

1. Rad Dad 19 (this may be microcosm but it's special to me so it counts!)

2. Baby Brain 3

3. Baby Brain 4.5 (ah, detention. glad i'm out of k-12)

4. Triumph #8 Loose Tweets Sink Fleets

5. Smog City

6. Crazed Mazes

7. Interview with a non-human person

8. Lame, Confused & Depressed

9. Verbose Zombie Monolouge (amazing insight to a zombie mind.)

10. Letters to an Absent Father (good for all pokemon fans!)

11. out of time

12. Sinead: Back to the Start

13. not lonely

14. Army of Her Show and tell #1

15. State of the Gay

16. Don't Tread of Me! #9

Oh, I forgot this one

22. Book Bindery

I had originally thought this would be considered a book because it's  a bound, published and has an ISBN number. However, after reading I find that they call it a zine so I'm not going to split hairs. I good zine about labor.

Craven Rock said:

Here's what I've read in February/March. Looks like I've fallen a bit behind due to my transient state!

 

18. Abort #21:Bedtime Stories

I generally don't like this zine but it was pretty decent  this time. Horror stories.

19. Six Letters Addressed To You #1

Heartrending honesty and expression. On issue #1 no less. Fuck you, rookie! Find this and read it!

20. My Memories Are Poorly Taxidermied Animals, Rotting and Frozen In Stupid Poses

Poetry, but good.

21. Punk Planet #41

In retrospect, this was a great zine. Awesome journalism. Great columns from of some of the best zine writers at the time. I stopped buying it after a while for no reason that I can recall.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

 

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service