We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

So I made a goal of reading 200 zines this year! That's only 17 a month. Anyone else down? C'mon let's do it, that way we can feel justified in calling each other names in all the other forums!

Here's what I've read so far:

1. Seven Inches To Freedom #7
2. On Support//Ditching The Boys' Club
3. The Dream Of My Adolescence by Renzo Novatore
4. Shiny Things On the Ground
5. Vex Digest #11
6. Razorcake #59
7. Abbot and Costello Meet Dormarth's House of Horror Review: Evil 13th Issue
8. Psionic Plastic joy #16
9. Think About It...A Zine On Verbal Consent and Addressing Sexual Assault
10. Cutlass #5
11. To Destroy Sexuality
12. Razorcake #60
13. Against The Logic Of Submission by Wolfi Landstreicher
14. Apes Of the Sea:ReActions #2 by Keith Rosson
15. Stinkin' Never Thinkin' by Alicia Dyche
16. Abracadabra Zine #0
17. Gullible #15/Nothing Is Cool #4/Square Suckers #9/To Smear Your Face With American Dirt split

So far, I chose to include pamphlets that were independently (re)-printed. But chose not to include something I received from Microcosm to review because I draw the line at isbn numbers, that makes it a book. Ya gotta stop somewhere. That's just me.

I was thinking about making haiku reviews for each one, too! Maybe I'll get on top of that if this post gets read at all.

Anyway, get on board and post yours here, too! Commentary and discussion of stuff read is also encouraged!

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is an awesome idea! I'm totally down! January's almost over...I guess I'll just have to read 34 zines in February :)
Or 22 a month!

ManDuh said:
This is an awesome idea! I'm totally down! January's almost over...I guess I'll just have to read 34 zines in February :)
gah! nobody around me makes zines except me so i cant do this! :( maybe i can start a trend of making zines here *fingers crossed*
Or you can start trading. :) I'll trade with you!

Dominique Ford said:
gah! nobody around me makes zines except me so i cant do this! :( maybe i can start a trend of making zines here *fingers crossed*
i would love to trade, but my zines are 8 page mini-zines, but once i get some more of them finished i'll send copies so that you'll have more than 1 of them and it will be an even trade. :D i'm in the process of making 3 different ones, so how about i send you 2 volumes of each series for yours???

ManDuh said:
Or you can start trading. :) I'll trade with you!

Dominique Ford said:
Maybe somebody can send you a bunch. I write reviews for a big fanzine and get a lot of trades for my own personal zine. I have a ton I'm getting rid of. Maybe I can mail them to ya media mail. That will give you a place to start and then you can trade those for another batch. A lot of zine people have the opposite problem of having too many to read. That's part of why I started this damn challenge, anyway, now that I'm thinking about it.

Dominique Ford said:
OMG! That would be amazing! erm...what's media mail???

Craven Rock said:
Maybe somebody can send you a bunch. I write reviews for a big fanzine and get a lot of trades for my own personal zine. I have a ton I'm getting rid of. Maybe I can mail them to ya media mail. That will give you a place to start and then you can trade those for another batch. A lot of zine people have the opposite problem of having too many to read. That's part of why I started this damn challenge, anyway, now that I'm thinking about it.

Dominique Ford said:
nvm...figured it out. OH THE POWER OF BING!!!

Awww, I don't care what size or how long they are...a zine for a zine is an even trade as far as I'm concerned. I'll message you Dominique.

My paltry start to the challenge, because they're the only two I had around the house that I haven't read yet while I wait for more to come in the mail:

1.) Four Star Daydream #10

2.) Talk Hard.

I might steal your haiku review idea Craven. Except I've always sucked at haikus, so I'm thinking of doing limericks instead :)

Media Mail is a cheap way of mailing things that yr gonna need to know when you mail things in bulk. Anyway, I'm not home until march. Then I'll throw a bunch of stuff of varying quality in the mail to ya. If you want you can just mail me a couple of your zines and postage in trade. Or not. I need to get rid of this stuff, anyway.

Dominique Ford said:
OMG! That would be amazing! erm...what's media mail???

Craven Rock said:

Dominique Ford said:
Ok! I'm just beginning and only have 1 zine finished, but i'm working on 3 different series at the same time.  I gotta figure out an address to have people send stuff too cause i'm not sure if my dad will let me use this one. but once i get one i'll send it to you and you can send yours!
I'm outta copies of mine at the moment. But I can send you one of those at some point. When I get back, however, I'll send you a grab bag of stuff that was sent to me. Come to think of it, there should be some kind of way for folks to trade batches zines they don't want. I wonder if anyone is doing this.

Dominique Ford said:
Ok! I'm just beginning and only have 1 zine finished, but i'm working on 3 different series at the same time.  I gotta figure out an address to have people send stuff too cause i'm not sure if my dad will let me use this one. but once i get one i'll send it to you and you can send yours!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service