We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

So, is there a way to print out a quater page zine using Adobe InDesign? If yes, how do you do it? If no, is there a free computer program that I can download that will let me do it?

Tags: layout, zine

Views: 399

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Isn't there an option when you go to print to print 2 or 4 pages on the one sheet of paper? That's how I did it with my two A6 zines - I just worked with Microsoft Word.

I don't know. That's what I am trying to figure out :)

Here's how it happens with me:

- I press CTRL+P (control and print at once) to make the printer window come up

-  I click on a button labelled 'preferences', which makes another window come up.

- In that window there's a heading, 'page layout', and next to that heading I'm able to select an option, '4 to 1' - that lets me print four pages to every one sheet.

That's on this computer, which is a Microsoft.

You *should* be able to do something similar on your 'puter - good luck!

Word seems to be the better option after all :) I decided to go with a half-zine instead because there is a lot of content. Also, what do I do about all the dead white space around the edges? 

TimT said:

-  I click on a button labelled 'preferences', which makes another window come up.

- In that window there's a heading, 'page layout', and next to that heading I'm able to select an option, '4 to 1' - that lets me print four pages to every one sheet.

Half sized rather

Melissa Ann Manfredi said:

Word seems to be the better option after all :) I decided to go with a half-zine instead because there is a lot of content. Also, what do I do about all the dead white space around the edges? 

TimT said:

Yeah good point I still need to work out a way to get rid of that dead white space myself. If you're working in word though there should be a way of expanding the page borders. Maybe others have suggestions...?

I might just with cut and paste for now until I figure it out :)

I've been experimenting with making the pages in photoshop because I use a lot of images--album covers mostly--and am going to try reducing the margins in Word and pasting the jpgs in there...we shalll seeeeee!

Joe Wallace

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChicagoSkull

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service