We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

We are all slowly getting through our pile of zines form the Portland Zine Symposium. What are you favorites so far?

Tags: faves, pzs

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So, the only zines that I have read so far were Fruit Monster and How I've missed you.

I have read Fruit Monster before and I love it! It is a little mini color comic with these adorable monsters eating fruit. Just looking at it makes me happy.

How I've missed you is by Marcy who used to do Parts and Pieces zine. She came out from Albany, NY to the symposium and her new zine really tugs at the heart strings as each page in few words is like a snapshot of times and people in her life. I loved it.
It is amazing how you can spend two days in a room and think you have seen everything and have missed so much. I don't remember seeing either of those zines!

So far I have really liked: Becky's Things about my exes zine, Nicky's new Impavid, Chickeney, and of course the Clutch/Invincible Summer zine is always my fave!
Bawww I didn't get to go. The same day there was a zine convention in Vancouver at the Vancouver Art Galllery. I decided to go to that one since it was a 20 minute bus ride instead of a 10 hour trip to another country. Robin Williams bought my zines though, and I made $140 so it was cool.
i just got back from visiting my brother in seattle after the zine symposium, and somehow i kept putting all the zines i got in my checked luggage, so all my travel time was zine-less. this morning i read rabble rousing #1, by evan, who sat next to me and had to take off sunday morning. i really liked the stuff she wrote, and am looking forward to #2.

i wish i had gotten around the symposium more, but i kept feeling overwhelmed and would run back to the safety of my table. it's been too long since i tabled.

anyone who was there who didn't get to trade with me, let me know, and we can trade through the mail.
I haven't read that many of the zines I got at the symposium (I'm bad).

But so far I've really enjoyed Tales From the Bus. You may be able to guess from the title, but it is about interesting things that take place on the bus.
I saw a blog somewhere that wrote up the PZS well with lots of photos...but now I've totally spaced where it was? Does anybody have links?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service