a place for zinesters - writers and readers
Time: April 15, 2009 at 12pm to April 21, 2009 at 12pm
Location: Sticky, or remotely. hands across the world.
Street: Shop 10 Degraves Street Arcade
City/Town: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Website or Map: http://www.stickyinstitute.com
Phone: 613 96548559
Event Type: zineathon
Organized By: Sticky Institute
Latest Activity: Jun 1, 2010
Synchronised zinemaking within set dates including a proof of date and, in this cycle, in this instance, that will be the announcement of the winner of Eurovision 09. Let's talk you through it. It works like this:
1) You email us at Sticky by FRI 15 MAY to say you wanna be part of it. Being 'part of it' includes the fact you'll need to do an excess run of 20 or so copies on top of your usual print run. This extra 20 (or so) will be redistributed to the other zinemakers taking part. Thus everyone gets a copy of what everyone does.
2) On Saturday 16 May at midday, you will be emailed with one of the 25 countries in the Eurovision Grand Final. You will also be told how many excess copies you'll need to make. If you want to bags a country beforehand, like you reckon you have a special claim to it, we are open to that.
3. Once you're issued with your country, you have 168 HOURS (which includes the Eurovision Grand Final on Sat 16th/Sun 17th) to make a zine vaguely (or specifically) related to that country and/or Eurovision.
4. You will need to include Proof of Date to demonstrate that you've made the zine within the 168 hours: In this cycle it needs to be a clipping or print out INCLUDING THE DATE announcing the winner of 2009 Eurovision. This needs to be incorporated into your zine somehow.
5. Completed zines are accepted up until midday Thurs 21 May, with zines by post allowed to arrive later, but they have to be postmarked Thurs 19 May. You will need to include copies to be either sold through Sticky (you get 100% of sales price as part of Target 168) or as free copies. You will also need to include the excess zines which will then be redistributed to everyone who took part.
6. Zines will be circulated from Monday 25 May. All Australian zinesters will get a zinepack in the post within the week. Those internationally will get them around this time. Depends on the world postal system really.
7. Everyone rocks out enjoying each other's zine. During the 168 hours everyone is encouraged to come into sticky and use our space to work in. If you're not in Melbourne, you can still take part remotely.